21 June 2012

Resignation from Colleague

Today I learnt that I am very unprofessional. I am clearly unhappy that my staff is leaving us so soon without even considering to finish off the jobs on hand. But she has done what is necessary and required, that is 1 month termination notice. And she is so lucky to have so many days of annual leaves left. So many days that she tendered the letter today and her last day is next Tuesday. What is wrong with me?

Now I learnt one more thing about myself. I am not professional and is too emotional to be a HOD. I showed my dissatisfaction clearly without considering her feeling. I can't stand the notion that she had already decided when I had given her option but didn't inform me on the spot. I will rate her as a simple and pleasant lady but sometimes I still don't know how to read into her. But from the conversation during lunch, I was clearly upset with her and she knew that.

I should have known that I shouldn't put my own standard when letting her decide. Everyone has their own way to deal with things. And I clearly felt bad for putting her in a difficult position. In the end I discussed with boss to let her off one day earlier. No point putting her in a difficult position. After all, she had served us well within this period. I apologized to her and explained my frustration with her. But I was clearly disappointed with the way things had turned out.

I am glad that I clarified myself but now I really know I am too lousy as a HOD. At least I am not a professional HOD. I am an emotional HOD. I take things too seriously and is not flexible enough.

No comments: