22 August 2012

Wow, better EQ already?

Was intending to post it on FB but I had just recently deactivated my FB, so I figure that it's better for me to vent it out here. Post on FB because I do have some senior superiors in it and I wish they can read it. Deactivate FB because I'd spent too much time on it again, though that's where I got most of my current news update from.

Weird, I wasn't really feeling angry or what. In fact, I was actually thinking "What ever lah, what will be will be." Maybe I don't really care anymore when it comes to LMW. A boss whom I'd just use the two words: 'jackass' and 'asshole' to describe him (in my heart of course). I'd never used these two words to describe anyone before. I swear!

All this while, both of us know that we don't serve each other well. The way we work is so different from each other and there had been countless moments where we don't see eye to eye. Not to mention raising voice etc. Recently he doesn't even give a damn to what I said anymore. The same goes to me.

Just that I am more polite and still couldn't fore go my moral education that no matter how jackass a senior might be, you still need to show some respect even if it's only 0.0001% left. But as of now, no more la. If I can avoid him, I will. So that I can save myself the trouble of getting a stroke. Or worse still, getting my already low motivation degraded to negative!

I don't understand why he even exist in the first place. Perhaps experience and the slacking attitude. Or perhaps this is called wisdom, in a way. Well, if you do less, then you make less mistake, and the lesser the chance other people can shoot you, and the lesser headache you will get. It's true to some extent. Besides he is retiring in less than 10 years down the road, so why should he bother so much anyway?

It is this kind of thinking which gives trouble to us juniors, to pick up the shits later. The way he liked to describe his ex-boss, of whom I actually prefer his ex-boss style. At least when you go to him, he will try to solve the problem, although it might sometimes involve beating around the bush. To repeat, at least it got solved.

Working with LMW really demotivates the juniors. Can you imagine a FM telling his Asst Engineer not to work extra hours, as no one will know what he did in the office and will only increase the electricity bill due to the air-conditioner and lights turned on? And he didn't even claim any OT allowance! Very obvious that either he don't like the Asst Engineer or he really wants to demotivate him.

I can't imagine any decent Chinese executives to be wanting to work under him for long. First, decent people will want to strive for improvement, of which he will quickly say NO even before you explain to him in detail. Just imagine, no matter how fiery your passion is, if you keep on hearing NO for 10 times, you won't bother about it anymore right?

Second, a decent person will know that it's better to change environment when it's no longer conducive. Why? So that they won't get so demoralised that they turn into zombie coming to work, just for the sake of $. I know I won't. So why am I still staying? Because I find that apart from dealing with him, other aspects of my work is still bearable.

As of now, I don't bother you, you don't bother me. It's true when people say not easy to find a good boss. Probably I am not a good superior myself. But at least I don't go around demotivating people like that. Though I did scolded my staff from time to time, or most of the time when I have a special briefing, it is to correct their mistakes rather than to give any compliments.

I wonder if every boss also will have some weakness to be criticised by employees? My guess is, it's inevitable...

No comments: