17 October 2012

Staying with Aunt

Seems like I keep on moving from one place to another this year. First I moved out from my Mak Mandin rented room because I started to feel bored living there. Just when I had paid the deposit to rent a room in Juru, my aunt invited me to move to her house since her right and left neighbors have moved out, sort of like as a companion, I guess.

But she will be moving out soon too since she sold her house to a potential buyer already, only waiting for bank to reimburse the loan. Since I am planning to move out from Mak Mandin anyway, and no harm living with my aunt for a short period, I agreed to it. Aunt won't want to take rental from me though. Her intention was to look for a house to buy in island so that her daughter can move in to stay with her as well. Till then, she will rent from others until she finds a suitable house.

Just last week, she told me that she found a house for rent nearby, also in mainland and asked if I would like to move in with her. My initial intention was actually to stay with her until her house was passed to the new buyer and then I will either move back to Kulim or rent the room from Terence, a hiking kaki I am comfortable with.

I didn't say much but yesterday aunt told me she paid the deposit already and will be moving into the new rented house by mid November. Just one month away! I will say it's a rash decision since she doesn't even have to hand in the house yet. But then she mentioned sooner or later she will need to move out. I was just thinking, since you still have a place to stay, why not spare yourself from the extra commitment?

Nevertheless, I will staying with her, there are two rooms and will be paying her rental. And an additional Rm30 for parking / month. Sigh, I thought I wouldn't want to incur any extra expenses but hey, who knows if I will like this place huh, fingers crossed. Aunt said there is a garden on the 4th floor. Hmm... I will take that as a perk especially if I can just sit there during evening, taking in the evening breeze.

Looking forward to it. But really, if I am staying in that area, might as well I travel to and fro from Kulim since it's only an additional 15 min away. But hey, I shouldn't be complaining much. New environment brings new excitement! I can learn a few things from staying longer with aunt still...

Pro
Con 
Companion - someone to talk to when I feel down or  want to share something interesting
Lack privacy
Eating companion
Different living habits - bad habits die hard
Taking care of each other - an extra helping hand in times of need
Need to be extra tolerant and courteous since we are relatives
Discipline myself in the presence of others
Feel a bit fake since I am being extra courteous
Can share some wardrobe items, accessories, or spare toiletries when run out of stock
Outing companion - visit fair or exhibition together



I have listed the pros and cons of staying with a relative and hey, it seems like there are more advantages than disadvantages after all... So I should be grateful right? But bear in mind this is already the 3rd time I will be moving out. Lucky I don't bring much things with me, but still... the packing and unpacking thingy sounds tiring...

No comments: