28 December 2012

My 2013 resolution

I never set a resolution because I know I won't be able to meet my goals. But, I felt like I am already 27 and it's time for me to get serious about achieving my goal and improve my determination. Let's start with small tasks first.
Making these 10 self-declared resolutions (don't ask why 10) in blog so that I can remind myself of it from time to time:
1. Reduce weight (max 57kg)
- even Mel and bro-in-law noticed that I gained weight
- need to shrink my bulging belly
- eat less rice
- reduce food portion - i will miss my food
- more exercise regime
2. Exercise regime (3 times a week)
- yoga (routine) - buy better yoga mat - worthwhile investment
- badminton (routine) - must play each week no matter what
- swimming - need to buy swimsuit first - accompany him to swim
- hiking - try to do it every week, can replace with swimming once i am good in it
- jogging - been some time haven't jog - last was during Penang Bridge Marathon (10km)
3. Wake up earlier
- wake up at 7am on weekdays
- minimise snoozing the alarm
- no time limit for weekend though
- lack sleep recently
4. Learn to cook
- start with soup - my favorite!
- vegetables - a must - also my favorite!
- meat and fish - pening!
- no culinary gene at all but should be still edible!
5. Cut short hair
- always feel like cutting when hair is long anyway
- must address my hair fall problem seriously
- getting balder on the side
- will try with the egg hair mask first
- if everything else fail, will seek haircare expert service
- that's how dire I feel
- won't look nice but dear didn't complain
6. Save money
- put aside certain amount of saving
- saving comes first before indulging leisurely
- need to reduce vacation trip - more self-control
- reduce buying on-line deal - think twice or split the purchase to month
7. Commit to partnership
- stop thinking ridiculously
- work all my way to make it work
- acceptance and tolerance is needed
- i will prove that i can do it if i set my mind on it
- think he should be the one though still very much early to say
8. Work hard and focus on personal development for work
- too comfortable and complacent
- boost my technical and practical skill
- read technical books
- foster good working relationship
- smile more
9. More reading
- fictions, non-fictions, magazines
- min 5 books per year
- doesn't sound much as i still need to read those few magazines subscribed

10. More time with family
- esp mom and the kids
- need to contribute - assist in household chore
- been long time didn't help to clean house - seldom go home
- need to be a good daughter, sister and auntie
- bring mom and the kids for walk, eat and movie sessions
- try to keep the weekend for them (alongside time with dear, work, and play)
Full duration: 1 year (hope can turn all this into habit)
Grace period for change: 3 months
Oh Pheo, please don't disappoint yourself...

1 comment:

CMY said...

Ok la...will help to remind u if u stray from your resolution...:)