21 June 2011

#111 - Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

18.06.2011

Tmrw is Father’s Day. Every 3rd Sunday of June is a Father’s Day. Most families will either be busy celebrating it or won’t bother about it. As for me, I won’t have the chance to celebrate, not even once. When dad was here, we didn’t really bother to celebrate cos I was thinking: “I can celebrate it once I started working.”

In the end, who knows, God has better plan for him. Dad left us when I was in my first year in university. It came as a surprise to us but at least it’s comforting to know that at least he didn’t suffer for long and the moment just before his departure, he was actually having the fun of his life, laughing his heart out.

I still rmber the moment when sis bought him a Father’s Day cake when she was staying outside last time. It was not really a celebration, sis jz bought the cake and Dad happily cut it. That’s one of the rare moments in which Dad wasn’t able to contain his excitement. Well, we are never an “expressive” kind of family, so we don’t really spill out our emotions easily. I do miss my Dad.

Despite the “mouth wars” we used to have back then, I know that it was meant as part of our communication, especially since I was still very ‘green’ that time. Sure sure, young blood tends to lost control of their emotions or easily felt challenged back then.

I miss Dad’s laughter. Don’t know why, he always laugh no matter what, sometimes up to the point where I will think: “Is Dad out of his mind? What is there to be laughed at actually?”. But later on, I realized that it’s part of him. Everyone was so used to his signature loud roaring laugh, up to the point that even a few weeks after Dad’s departure, some customers still asked us about Dad’s whereabouts.

Everyone called him 开心果, though he can be quite fierce at times. One thing I really admire about him was that he seemed to be able to contain his anger quite well. He found his way to walk away when he was angered, which made me felt bad cos it seemed like we were bullying him. Sorry Dad!

Nothing much to write here. Whatever had happened had already happened. Whichever wasn’t being expressed would remain being unexpressed. I hope Dad is living good where ever he is now. I know he would look after us from he was to the best he could. Dad, I am not a good daughter but it’s all a thing in the past. Don’t worry, we will try to take care of Mom to the best we can.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, DADDY!!!

Comment:
> 19.06.2011 (leeping)
He is always with u

No comments: