14 November 2011

Living A Life

It is a trend in Facebook nowadays to post motivational or self-help quotes. I had copied down a few which I think is meaningful and had 'liked' a few pages related to quotes as well. This is one of them:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person who wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will.

You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. you'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by.

  • So take too many pictures,
    • (I used to do this a lot and it's a joy to browse through the photos while thinking of funny funny captions to go along with it)
  • Laugh too much,
    • (I laughed only under certain circumstances but it really feels great to be able to laugh freely and loudly too!)
  • Forgive freely, and
    • (Can forgive but hard to forget, luckily I don't have anything or anyone to forgive currently, it's a terrible feeling to teach yourself to forgive)
  • Love like you've never been hurt.
    • (This is the hard part, getting committed is always something I had dreaded since the beginning)
Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. You just have to:
  • Live life to the fullest,
    • (Compared to last time, nowadays I did something out of the spur moment just for the sake of wanting to do it to avoid any regrets later on)
  • Tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off,
    • (Very hard to me, I need to learn to express inner self more. Imagine this, just wanting to say I LOVE YOU MOM also I feel shy)
  • Speak out,
    • (Depends on the occasion, I prefer to listen rather than talk)
  • Dance in the pouring rain,
    • (Haven't really done that deliberately, but I missed the time when I used to take school bus and had to run all the way to home when it rains. The warmth after a hot shower, accompanied with hot drink, heavenly!)
  • Hold someone's hand,
    • (Nieces, nephews, mom, grandmother, friends - done. Only one not yet done - boyfriend. Wait till I found one first)
  • Comfort a friend,
    • (Friend is the best when they listen, comment and complaint together with us. It's comforting to know that we are not the only one facing troubles and we are not left alone to deal with it)
  • Fall asleep watching the sun come up,
    • (Never had this luxury before and never had the intention to do this)
  • Stay up late,
    • (Recently always do this, perhaps procrastinate too much during daytime. But I always feel like my most productive time is at night time, weird...)
  • Be a flirt and
    • (With my niece and best friends, can lah! With boyfriend or other strangers, not sure can or not)
  • Smile until your face hurts.
    • (Remember what people say about moderation? Don't over-do then you won't smile until your face hurts already right?)
Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

So Dear Heart, Fall In Love When You Are Ready, Not When You Are Lonely...

No comments: