10 November 2011

Time Flies, It Really Flies

No wonder I felt like I haven't visited my blog for a very long time. There wasn't even an entry in October! I just had the sudden urge to visit my blog today. As the title suggests, time really flies. I was loaded with activities, starting with September, up until now. Some is work-related while some is purely personal.

Let's see. It all started with Starwalk > SNI audit > Management Review > HACCP audit > SIRIM audit > Bangkok personal vacation > Annual dinner > Bali work cum vacation. No wonder I forgot to visit my blog. I wonder how those super busy vice-presidents manage to juggle their time for work, family and personal self. Unless they really work and sacrificed the precious time for family and personal self lah. Inevitable i guess.

I watched Real Steel yesterday and it was sort of an awkward cum funny moment. Well, we are sort of in the middle of courtship (can I even call it that? I think so) and I can actually sense what he wanted to do. I just don't feel like playing along because to me, a guy should be daring and aggressive rather than beating around the bush. Haha, so sorry, I am a typical girl but somehow the way I react to things might be unpredictable at times. I do feel sorry for him but that's just it.

I am not the expressive type nor the romantic type. I tend to play the 'tough' card hence if you want me to step out from my territory and to be the sudden graceful and playful lady.....ewhh, very hard I will say! I know I know. I should change my mindset right? If not sure will end up being a spinster later. Trying hard lah! Each time I will be eager to meet him but the moment I met him, I will just chat casually just like how I will chat with my close buddy. I am not pretending, it just comes naturally.

I don't think I can utter those mushy squishy words, if write, can lah. Which is why I wrote a blog in the first place. I am always better in writing than verbal when it comes to expressing my inner feelings. Except when I am angry but it still depends on whom am I angry with. If it's at work, I made no effort to hide my disgust or anger at all. If it's friends, it depends on which type of friends. With some, I will not bother to show my true color and ignore the useless friend, while with some, I will try to conceal my anger for the sake of everyone present.

Close one eye and open another, and it's almost end of the year again. This courtship works real long and still hasn't bear any fruit. Hoping for it to bear a fruit or two but at the same time am afraid of the new commitment. I used to do what I like without caring about what others think of me too much (yes, I am a spoiled brat and insensitive too) but you can never ignore what your other half thinks about you, that one I am very sure.

Enough with that, I really spend less time with my family, especially my mom. The kids back at home, though noisy, adds up some color to the house each time I went back. Even when I was in Bali, I missed them so much. Hadn't really sit down for long at home and chit chat with each other properly. As the eldest, perhaps I didn't play my role the way I should, but I am not used to this warm social thingy. My sister can do it very good but hard for me. Perhaps I shall put that as one of my resolution?

All in all, I am very grateful for such a wonderful year of 2011. What will happen in 2012, I don't know but I will prefer to think that things will be good for everyone. At this time of writing, my heart ached for those affected by the Bangkok flood because I was just back from there. Counting my blessing that the flood was still under control during my stay there. Now, the situation is threatening and may get worse soon. Catastrophes happen everywhere and even Turkey was struck with earthquake. I dread thinking what will this world turn into later on.

As for now, I just want to be the simple person who thinks of nothing big but to live a simple and contented life, with her loved ones. Bear in mind that loved ones doesn't have to be your other half only. Loved ones also refer to your family, friends, pets etc.

No comments: