7 February 2012

Do You Choose To Wear Mask In Front Of Others?

I don't. At least not with my close friends. But now I knew that no matter how close you are, never ever assume that you can face them without mask, unless you are 100% confident that you knew them inside out. No, I am not talking about betrayal or back stabbing. I am talking from my own experiences in which I was shocked with the reactions shown.

I am someone who cherish my friends, especially close friends and will go to great lengths to help them if I deem them as a worthy friend. Those who are close to me will know that. There is a saying which says "It take years to build trust but only a split second to destroy it." I couldn't agree more. Twice I face this kind of situation and the second time only happened so recently.

As for the first case, up until today I still couldn't make myself to accept the friend as we used to be anymore. People say "You can forgive but never forget". Really couldn't agree more. Not to say that we are small-hearted or short-sighted. But the feeling where you thought you are close friends but then the behaviour shows otherwise, those kind of feeling.... you need to be in it to experience the sharp pain in heart.

I am not in your situation so definitely I won't be able to fully understand your situation. When you spill out your problem, I expect to be helping in a way, especially moral support via advice etc. If you can't take it, then sorry lah and I had to apologise to prevent matters from getting worse. Please, to me close friends are those who dare to voice out the truth even though it sounds bitter. Truth are bitter.

Perhaps I am too straight forward or naive for not sensing the high sensitivity level of this close friend. I was really shocked with the response, really! The rest knew her pattern but I didn't and I do thank the rest for helping to console me and give me support from the back. Really timely. I should learn not to be so straight forward but WTH!

To be honest, I would rather die than to wear mask and reprocess and twist the words before I talk to my close buddies. So unreal man! I learnt my lesson the hard way. I had vowed to minimise giving out opinions where it concerns this friend. Better reduce any possible future conflicts. It was really nothing much to me anymore.

People say "It hurts because you care." True! But why bother when the other party didn't seem to care much anyway? Now I just had to overcome the "shock" I got. My fire of rage started after I read a sentence from her, something which a real close friend won't write. Really don't give face. She might have written it out of rage but I won't write it to my close friend, seriously!

Damage had been done. Apology had been sent. If she can take it, just accept it. If cannot, then suit her la. The rest were worried if the coming gathering can still be arranged. I reassured them that there wasn't any problem from my side. I am OK to go ahead. I will just need to remind myself to talk less or talk crap, just to play safe.

It really hurts! Somehow reminds me of the shock and pain I felt back in high school years. Ouch! The gash wound was so deep since I was super duper naive that time. This round, it was really more to shock than hurt or anything. I had concluded that she is still my friend, but no longer the type of close friend I am looking for. I enjoyed talking to her but that's it....nothing else other than friend, from now onwards!

Can forgive but hard to forget. I will remind myself not to repeat the mistake, hopefully!

And no, I don't wear mask in front of my close friends. I am peeled naked in front of them, just like onions. But I do wear mask in front of the rest, those not categorised as my close friends and families.

No comments: