14 February 2012

Simple, Free and Easy KL Trip

Finally I had visited KK. One more thing to get cancelled off my wish-to-do list! He was kind enough to offer me a place to stay over at his aunt's and he was really a gentleman. This is one trip which I enjoyed a lot as I can really be myself, speaking out my minds and blasting out stupid questions. Our plan went accordingly as planned with the exception of Skytrex trip being replaced with Templer's Park.

Templer's Park was an easy hike with leeches sticking upright vertically, waiting to prey on our succulent supply of blood. Surprisingly, we were the only one there hiking. No one else, didn't even bumped into anyone else. Met his friends, Dan and James from his own pool of UK friends. Also met Jared and Marcus from his pool of TMO friends. Nice to know that they were both into hiking. Too bad I wasn't staying in KL, otherwise I would have bugged them for hiking trips!

Played at the waterfall. There was this small pool where the current is very strong. Your pants will get pulled down if you don't hold on tight to it, that's how strong it was. Even felt like you would be sucked towards the back. It was inconvenient for me to play in waterfall just like that because I can't change clothes on the spot, like the guys did. Just had to bear with it, dried up a little bit then change clothes at the toilet at the entrance. Public toilet in KL is expensive, 50 cents per entry! Ridiculous!

Our next stop was Batu Caves, finally I got here! I counted the steps to reach the top and yes, it's exactly 272 steps as claimed. But later on my colleague told me that there were numbers indicating number of steps there, but I didn't notice it at all. Not even KK noticed it. Some people said it is smelly there and I was actually preparing to be knocked out by the smell once I reached the top but to my surprise, there wasn't any nasty smell or what so ever. KK said it was because there was lesser devotees. Things might be different on Thaipusam as there will be throngs of devotees applying the coconut or peanut oil which gives out the strong smell. Don't even know if I should count myself lucky or not.

There was this Dark Cave Tour as well but with the entrance fee costing >RM50, both of us decided to forego it. And I saw Daphne Iking (superb beauty) and Henry Golding (handsome) there too. They must be filming something. Daphne was sweet and friendly because I was asking KK if I can just walk across the steps and she was the one who answered me with a Yes! before she accidentally dropped her smartphone. Poor lady! KK and I sat in front of the Dark Cave Tour counter as it was so cooling and nice to chat there. None of us really wanted to leave that place if not for our growling stomachs.

There were many stalls selling 'pakora', an Indian delicacy resembling 'cucur udang or jagung'. Size is bigger and there were spices in it. Each stall has different recipe so you will taste different tastes from different stalls. I somehow couldn't really remember how to pronounce it properly. At one point, I called it 'pokara' instead of 'pakora'. KK rolled his eyes with lots of ??? on his head. We had a good laugh out of it. I found a way to remember it afterwards. Just remember 'pagoda', then I won't call it 'pokara' anymore! And due to my excitement on 'pakora' I forgot to donate blood. Stupid KK forgot to remind me also.

Later on we head off to Little India in Jalan Brickfields. I didn't know that Little India = Jalan Brickfields. KK made me walk all the way from KL Central to Brickfields. He really loved walking. Actually I don't mind walking but I purposely stirred up some noise just to irritate him slightly. You get to see many things when you take the time to walk and observe your surroundings. Of course this can only be done when you have the time. So each time I get the chance to do this, I will quietly appreciate it. The luxury of doing this is beyond words, though it was scorching hot and dusty out there.

Bugged KK to go to Times Square to try out the theme park. Again, the exorbitant price stopped us from proceeding. At ticket price of >RM50 and very little thrilling rides, I don't feel that it was worth the price. The theme park was almost deserted. Not many people at all. Again, I missed out the theme park ride. Last round I didn't get to play at the theme park when I visited Genting during Christmas also. I don't care, I must make sure this year I get to go to the theme park at least once! Universal Studio perhaps?

The next morning we headed off to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa. We woke up early for two mornings in a row. It was a very big and fun park to hang out in. There was plenty of space for you to have your picnic. And yes, our husband material KK packed up a nice snack to be enjoyed there. I would have fallen in love with him if only he is not my best friend, haha! KK and MY, please don't faint when you read this. I can't remember when was the last time I actually sat on the grass talking freely. Heavenly, really! Water fountains  there were marvellous and I even argued with KK that I saw coral in the lake. KK might be right when he said that it couldn't be coral but I insisted on my point anyway! 

There was even a remote-controlled car circuit, which really looked like a mini-F1 circuit. It was fun seeing the cars flew up high when they bumped into some obstacles or crashed due to too sharp or too fast a turn. The park was very well-maintained, especially the gym and playgrounds. And it feels nice to know that people still go out for outdoor activities during weekends. But I didn't see many Indians (most likely busy with Thaipusam) and young Chinese (most likely busy with their sleep or electronic gadgets). Does this mean that Malays are way healthier? Probably! And they are definitely closer to nature. It's evident when you see that usually it's the Malays who head to the park for picnic and family activities. I salute them for that, knowing how to enjoy the gift by mother nature!

I took Air Asia flight and Skybus for the journey from Penang to KK's place. Also tried other forms of public transportation such as the city bus, and LRT. Before this I had only taken the monorail and KTM. It had been a while I hadn't taken any public bus so this is one trip which I really loved, because I am doing something very different from what I will normally do. KK is leading a very simple life. And by embracing his way of life for the past few days, I find that it was a satisfying way to lead a life. All the best to you buddy! Love you so much!

And it is during this trip which I had actually managed to finish up two issues of Reader's Digest. Of course not reading the whole thing while in his house. It was done from the moment I started my journey from Penang to his place and before I left his place. But in the end, I left my spectacles at his place. Must have left it there when reading. Lucky I had my contact lens and old spectacles to spare me. I just can't understand, why must I always leave something behind each time I go to other people's place? So forgetful!

By the way, KK.... I simply loved the idea that you actually knocked the other man's knee to hint him in the monorail. I guess that was the most loving moment of the entire trip, wuhoo! And no, I wouldn't want to go your place to do reading again and to leave my spectacles there again. Thank you for the wonderful trip. I enjoyed it a lot. Please stop playing rummy 24/7 (slight exaggeration)! I love my life!

No comments: