27 March 2012

Hugging

Ever hug before? Teddy bear, your parents, your siblings, your friends, your partner, your spouse?

Somehow, hugging gives me the idea that it brings comfort and assurance. Some sort of emotional and physical comfort at times of turmoil especially. That's why you can see people hugging each other for consolation during catastrophes.

Not just during turmoil, people also hug to share the joy. Successful marriage proposal, favourite team won the football match, convocation, completing a challenge etc. So much so....

I like hugging my niece and nephew. In fact I remembered a time when we were in the cinema. I was wearing shorts and it was cold because the cinema hall was almost deserted. Had it not been for my niece's body heat, I would have frozen to death in there!

So hugging also provides some body heat as well it seems. There are so many benefits of hugging, so come on guys and girls, let's hug. If you haven't tried it before, try it today! Benefits namely are:
  • Share out joy
  • Emotional support
  • Heat transfer
  • Make people smile
  • Bonding
I learnt to hug during my community service session in university. First time awkward, second time better and now more used to it, though still awkward at times. But I try to hug mom whenever I feel like it and I can see wide curve of smile on her face. It makes people happy, so why not eh?

And yes, by hugging, you bond with others. That's why moms are encouraged to breast feed because they hug the babies more. And that's how, miraculously mom and baby bonds :)

No comments: