24 May 2012

Going to Lose a Battle Partner Soon

My colleague had been hinting me that he might leave the organization. I have heard of his accounts of competitor trying to lure him away. I never thought that he was serious at first. But I guess when others keep on trying to lure you, somehow your mind will get disturbed somehow. Last week, he was moody, I'd never seen him like this. Till today, I still couldn't figure out what's the reason behind it. But he hinted me on leaving again.

Today he came into my office, and we managed to chat for some time. It seems like he is quite fixed on leaving. He was only waiting for something to struck along, which will make his resignation much easier. Something like someone stepping onto his tail, or being pissed off by seniors etc. Well, I will be feeling the same too if I were him.

He is someone who can work and had established his networks very well. But of course when you are in a comfortable position, somehow you might get laid back. But when pushed, he can definitely do his job well and sometimes could teach us a thing or two. He had been a good friend of mine at work. Both of us are HODs, so there are things which only a HOD can complain to another HOD.

It will not be professional or good for a HOD to complain about her boss in front of her subordinates right? Of course the subordinates have eyes to see. I will say this boss was the one who couldn't let people feel like staying, because no one fights for our own benefits. To give him a benefit of doubt, perhaps he did something for us, but honestly I don't think so. The only reason I am staying back is because I have my 'gui ren' in HQ. But hell know what will happen when the 'gui ren' leaves HQ in the future.

That's why I always agree when people say that life is a cycle of up and down. When you are in the UP position, never forget that you will get DOWN soon enough. Same goes to when you fell to the bottom, fear not. The light will guide you up. So, go back to the HOD thingy. I am an emotional person, up to the point where I blurt out my emotions straight-forwardly. Hence, I am easy to predict.

There was once when I got really pissed off, I couldn't find anyone to complain to, and the only person I could think of was this colleague. It was fun that he was willing to listen and at the same time, add in some humour to cool down my anger. Oh, I will miss that day so much. Of course I don't hope he leaves, but it seems inevitable, from the way he spoke to me earlier on.

He told me as a friend, and I was listening as a friend. Somehow felt like I am betraying him if I decided to tell my 'gui ren' in HQ because I knew she would be able to do something to retain this colleague. In the end, I decided not to do anything. Because Management should learn how to appreciate its staff in order to get their loyalty in return. Even if we manage to retain him this round, who can guarantee he will stay the next round, giving that we have this kind of boss in our branch?

All the best to him!

No comments: