6 June 2012

'We' vs 'I'

It had been almost 6 months and I did change, in terms of mindset. Not easy but I am working towards it. A dear senior shared that I should no longer just think of 'I', rather it should be 'we'. Otherwise, it will not work. She did speak some truth. It's the 'we' part which made me realise what's wrong with me. And hence, I start to involve more 'we' though it's still on superficial basis.

To tell the truth, I find it pretty tough because all this while I am used to 'I', even when it comes to my family. It's indeed a learning process for me who is trying to make it work, despite having some doubts. Perhaps reality deviates significantly from the ideal, which doesn't make it easy to swallow.

Despite that, I can feel the commitment from the other party. Which makes it easier for me to embrace. However, to me it's the small gestures which touched my heart rather than any materials in view. I wish I can have more of those. The thing is, I couldn't make myself to open up. Something which everyone is telling me that is the problem. I myself realised it but the moment I wanted to, I chickened out.

Nevertheless, I am preparing myself to be more open than before. Some changes need time to materialise, so just give me some more time. Don't push me too hard or else I will think of it as a burden rather than a commitment, something which I won't enjoy being in.

Come on, dear! You can do it. Put your mind and heart into it and nothing can get past you any longer!

No comments: