12 December 2012

11 December 2012

It was his birthday celebration yesterday. I didn't fully fulfil his wish, i.e. to cook a meal for him. Well, mom said I was too slow and since she wanted to clear her fridge, the menu consisted of 8 dishes instead of the original 4 dishes I'd thought of. But I did cook the rice, soup, and jelly by myself. Though mom was the one adjusting the taste of soup.

No easy feat to cook a meal. Now I know how hard being a mom is. You need to consider whether everyone can accept the dish or not. Whether there is any health restriction or not. Whether people will like your cooking or not. If you have time, it's fun to cook, take your own sweet time. But if not, it is quite taxing and can be quite a rush.

After the meal, I showed him the video I'd made for him. Amateur standard, but I did it all by myself, researching on Google and You Tube. Glad that he liked it. Obviously, he was surprised as well. Didn't buy him anything though. Thought of shirt but decided against it. This morning, I suddenly got an idea on what to buy him. Hopefully he will like it.

He stayed until almost 10pm. After dinner, both of us sat at the dinner table and chatted for quite some time. I voiced out my thought naturally, better than last time. Was afraid if I will be giving him too much pressure, but I know I should voice it out. Or else, I might be resenting him quietly, I wouldn't want that. And I appreciate him coming to my place despite his birthday.

But he didn't have much choice since his place doesn't have a proper kitchen anyway. And it was our first anniversary as well, so I think to travel that distance on such a special day is acceptable. Colleagues said I pampered him too much by giving him such an easy task of being a bf. I had to admit there was some truth in it but I don't think I want to force myself to do something just because everyone thinks it should be done that way.

Felt closer to him but I know I need to still monitor from here onwards,  whether he takes heed of what I'd told him. Immediately after I told him some stuff which I can't really tolerate, he repeated it, in less than 5 min duration. Imagine how... how disappointed I was. I wouldn't want to purposely change him but I need to be able to accept or tolerate it. So if I can't accept or tolerate it, I think it's best to voice it out.

Enough said, love is a miracle. You might not know why you fall into him in the first place. Which is exactly what I had told him yesterday. I had uploaded the video I'd made for him but the video quality had deteriorated. Had to convert to more inferior quality to make the size smaller. Wouldn't want to upload to You Tube and embed it here, hence the video quality.

Sufficient that I can share out my first piece of video. Quality doesn't matter much, the content is...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find the "like" button.... LOL...

Yea...Love is about accept.. tolerance...
there is no perfect guy in the world...only a lil bit of courage, lil bit more of caring, lil bit more and more love...make 2 of you a perfect and yet imperfect couple!

I am happy for both of you...hope that both of you will have more anniversaries to come... :D

-mokusang-

Unknown said...

Im also learning cooking just for my bf, and he said he will eat all of them even if they taste like shit :p

I also made a video before, but i just sang a song as his birthday gift lol:)

Turtle said...

thanks moku :) same to you...

Turtle said...

u are the best gf in the world, i am sure of that, share with me when u are free :)