5 December 2012

December Baby

His birthday wish:
for me to cook a meal.
(should not have asked what he wants in the first place!)

What I plan to cook up so far:
steamed fish
steamed tofu
vegetable
ABC soup
jelly for dessert
(all of which I haven't cook before)

Caution:
absence of talented culinary gene in my cell.
(absolutely honest here)

Potential backfire:
my birthday is after his, so I can still have my revenge... harder task!
(yes, we are december babies)

Sacrifice made:
less 1 day annual leave and possible depression due to failure.
(am I a good gf or what?)

Potential risk:
dishes might not turn out good but mom will be there to guide me, so... have faith!
(fingers crossed)

Potential win:
boost of confidence, enhanced culinary skill.
(as if I will cook again)

My confession:
Yes, simple dishes but BIG task for someone who haven't entered kitchen for very very long time, except to fry egg, sausage, nugget, and cook rice and instant noodles. Even my mom never tried my own cooking. Felt so not filial all of a sudden. With that, I vow to cook mom a meal too for her coming birthday in Jan 2013. Must be Chinese cooking to show my sincerity.

Outcome:
Didn't completely cook the whole meal set all by myself. Mom said I was too slow. Did the rice (slightly dry), jelly (not sweet enough) and the ABC soup (too watery). Sorry dear! But I have already tried my best. Forgive me?

No comments: