7 January 2013

Back To School



I still remembered the anxiety I felt when I was switching over from afternoon class to morning class. So nervous was I that I read the time wrongly and brought chaos to the whole house. It was only 5.35am but somehow I read it as 7.25am. Imagine my shock! School started at 7.30am. Oh no, not on my first day of morning session!


I did wake everyone up in a frenzy. But thank God it was still early. Imagine if I'd read 7.25am as 5.35am instead. But quite impossible I guess as it will be quite bright by then. I will never forget that moment, really!

Why did I write about this all of a sudden? My nephew is officially starting his primary education this year. It was fun watching him being so excited with his new bag, shoes, uniform, water tumbler, pencil case and color pencils. He even told me that he will not cry in the new school.

This also means that my two nieces are starting their kindergarten years as well. no more nurseries for them. This morning mom rushed Hui, my youngest niece to bathe...

Mom: Hui, fast! Wake up and bathe!
Hui   : Don't want.
Mom: Quick la, don't waste time!
Hui   : Cold lah.
Mom: Got hot water lah, bodoh!

Haha, I really felt like laughing out loud upon hearing the last word. Yeah, we are not supposed to talk to a kid that way, but I was telling myself, 'serves her right' since she is so adept at answering back recently. But of course all those exclamation marks doesn't mean that mom shouted at her. It was there for the dramatic effect, that's all.

Sigh, the ever gregarious Hui. En (my other niece) on the other hand, has different personality, being more reserved, quiet and graceful. But beware, she can be a fierce lionness if you provoke her. I wouldn't do that if I have a choice.

Gosh, life will never be the same without these kids. I do like kids a lot, when they don't throw tantrums, that is. As of now, I just couldn't wait for the kids to grow old enough to help out with household chores. Take over my kingdom, please!

No comments: