9 April 2013

Coincidental Friendliness By A Little Girl

Was in a lift. A mom with daughter in it. I just smiled. Suddenly the small girl called out "Ah Yi" (aunty in Mandarin). I turned over. Turned out that she was calling me. She recognised me though I didn't recognise her. Perhaps she thought I was someone else.

She asked her mom, "Why Ah Yi didn't stay with us?" Can't help smiling at that.

We exit the lift at the same floor. Then only I realised that they were my parking lot neighbor. And to think that I had previously wrongly parked my car at their other lot for about two weeks. So humiliating! But the mom was very kind, keep on smiling, though we didn't talk.

I really like the little girl. She reminds me why I like kids in the first place. Reminds me of my niece, Hui and En. Now I miss them. Kids are naive and sincere. Kids talk to you without any discrimination. They don't pre-judge you. You make them feel good and they will treat you like their super best friend in no time.

That little girl proved it... she was so friendly. She talked to me as if she saw me everyday. And that... makes my day, really! Amazing, a simple act of friendliness from her (I don't think she realised it) opens up my day.

No comments: