22 May 2013

Experience

I agree that as you grow, your priorities change. You see, think and feel differently. As your sharp edges become round, you feel the wisdom of life. You couldn't deny the unseen wisdom of the elderlies. It is called experience.

Good or bad, there is always two sides to a coin. Reflect on each experience and you will discover a wisdom hidden somewhere, waiting to be exposed. I always respect the elderlies because they are very knowledgeable, even if they are only cleaners.

Their wisdom far supercedes our intelligence because theirs were obtained practically from daily lives while ours were obtained through books which were nice as theory but need adaptions in order to be absorbed into daily lives. Both wisdom and knowledge makes a powerful man.

When young (I still am), I am more bound to be emotional, and makes rash decisions. I still am. I am still hoping that I can maintain a calm composure when something unexpected happened. So far, I am still being very anxious with the emotions clearly written on my face.

I am expressive. Too expressive. Not good in working organisation. One must learn to conceal true emotions especially when it is deemed as harsh, insulting, disgusting or easier to be said, negative. Display it when you are happy but hide it when you are not. Very true.

My problem is that I display everything, from happy, excited, angry, anxious, sad etc. I couldn't hide a thing from others. Learn to conceal? Wish to but the harder I forced myself to that, the more pretensive I become. So what the heck, just be real. But must still learn to wear mask. M.U.S.T.

Just like how I was easily affected by FB postings on elections. My emotion got the better of me, enough to shut down my rational mind, enough to blindly believe all those posts and sharing it on FB. And without me realising it, I was being manipulated and I was one of those spreading rumors without verifying its source.

Humans are so easily manipulated when emotions come into play. Hence, successful leaders are always good in catching your emotions. They can read you and manipulate you in no time, without you realising it. So, for people as straight and blunt as me, prudence is the key.

Must give time to think rationally before pouring out whatever emotions you feel. Better than lashing out like mad dog, just to regret it later.

No comments: