24 July 2013

Long Distance Relationship

Long distance relationship or LDR... Heard about this topic on the radio today.

Been wondering about it too. JS might be going back to JB mid 2014. When he broke the news to me, he didn't ask what did I think or feel about it and I didn't know how to react. But a day later, I just told him that when he goes back to JB, we shall maintain LDR.

I don't know whether it is advisable or not but my suggestion was partly due to the fact that I will start a new job in Aug 2013. To resign so soon and go to JB seems irresponsible to me. Too bad JS didn't decide earlier, because if he did, probably I will just stay put in current company until mid 2014.

I did ask him about his plan when I was contemplating the options I had when I decided to leave the current company. Come to think about it, there might not be much difference after all. Just probably will be missing each other in the beginning and will feel sweeter when we finally meet up I guess.

Because even as of now, we are not really in the 'love is hot in the air' kind of stage anymore. Reached a plateau. Sometimes it gets so routine or boring. Taking each other for granted that sort of thing. So not meeting up that frequent might not be too bad after all.

I didn't manage to follow the radio broadcast all the way till the end. But there are just two ending. It's a matter of trust and responsibility. Those independent ladies feel that it is alright to maintain the current LDR status despite being alone handling kids and households. I guess I am in that category.

While some ladies had broken marriages due to their husbands being involved in infidelities. Really, there is no single way to deal with LDR, as independent or sticky type of guys or ladies require different stuff. Just pick the one which suits you.

If you can't stand being apart, never choose LDR. Make some sacrifice; either one needs to move to another state or country. If you can, then God bless your relationship and have faith in your partner, yourself and God as well.

No comments: