24 July 2013

New Path Soon

One more week and it's end of July 2013. Meaning I will start new job soon. Had a customer audit for the past two days, very interesting as I learnt new stuff from the experienced auditor. And suddenly myself all fired up again, but I will still need to leave. I can always learn elsewhere anyway.

I didn't handle the announcement of my resignation properly as I always to intend quietly and as low profile as I can. Luckily JS advised me to inform my staff personally to avoid them feeling unappreciated or less important and I am glad I took heed of his advise. But I decided to keep mummed about my new company until my last day. I myself don't know why.

What surprises me was that my staffs intended to have a farewell for me despite me saying no need since it is the fasting month. Actually, I am afraid that the emotional me might dropped a few tears. After all, this is where I learn and grow for the past 5 years. I am the pioneer batch. Sure there is some emotional attachment to it. I am still warm-blooded.

Was also surprised to know that my counterparts actually appreciated what I had been doing. I thought they hated me for pushing them etc. Because it was the part where I scolded everyone of them in a meeting that I had decided that I couldn't take this anymore. That I don't want to end up being a monster at work, scolding everyone to get things done, that I decided to leave current position.

At least I do get some appreciation from my colleagues. I will be missing them, maybe not for long but they will all be part of my memory. And as of now, I do worry if I can handle the challenges faced with my new job but there's really no point to worry since I don't even know what's the situation yet. Pray to God and ancestors to bless me. No need smooth-sailing all the way, but at least make it manageable and pleasurable for me.

God bless all of us who work hard and deserve it!

No comments: