18 November 2013

Penang Bridge International Marathon 2013

Joined 10km marathon. Despite lesser training session, I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed this round. Maybe it's because I didn't set any target time. So I was quite relaxed, up to the point where I just jog before and after the bridge. On the bridge, I was practically just walking. I think the weather is good and coupled with many people jogging ahead of me, it provided a boost of determination for me.
 
Jogging is always a pain in the ass for me, that's how much I dreaded jogging. To me, jogging required a great deal of mental strength and persistence. I am always more willing to hike than to jog. Maybe because during hiking, I have no choice but to continue till the peak. Whereas for jogging, I can always shorten my rounds of jogging.
 
Anyway, after I had completed my run, I queued up for 100 Plus and Simplot hash brown. Was walking around and bumped into my usual gang. What a small world. They were all taking up half marathon while I was the only one taking 10km, which led to this conversation:
 
Cheah: Pheo, you are the lousiest amongst us. Next year, take half.
Pheo: Can, if you register full, I will take half.
 
Never in my mind have I thought that I will fall into the trap that easily. I remembered vividly that I have clearly declared that 10km is my max. However, if the running situation is like this round, I wouldn't mind to challenge myself for 21km.
 
2013 PBIM result



RANK : 1027th / 5209
Chip Time : 01 HR 26 MIN 16.63 SEC
Gun Time : 01 HR 28 MIN 48.94 SEC
5KM SPLIT : 00 HR 40 MIN 03.16 SEC
2012 PBIM result


I remembered that my clocked time in 2011 was around 70 minutes. And King Kong gave me a treat at Kenny's Roger for that, such a nice guy.
 
It was such a pleasant surprise to know that I managed to run slightly better than 2012. As for 2014... maybe I really should go for half marathon. But definitely, I will never ever contemplate full marathon. Wouldn't want to torture myself up to that point.

No comments: