3 April 2014

A Little Bit About Fly

My colleague told me that when a fly dies, it will excrete out whatever is inside its body. So when we found a dead fly, I kept it sealed in a plastic bag and saw the larvae coming out. No joke, this is one big fly, so my guess is that it is a female fly. I didn't take the trouble to identify the species of the fly though, so I wouldn't know if it's a fruit fly, or whatever fly.
 
 
Shot from this angle reminds me of the mosquito though. Just a resemblance I guess, except for the long thin needle and slimmer feet for mosquito.
 
 
The amount is alarming. No wonder flies breed very fast. This is how much a dead fly has had. And imagine if a fly can lay eggs few times in its lifetime. Urgh! Dreadful huh?

 
The main reason why I shared this is because I find this new-found knowledge interesting. It sort of triggered my primary school memories when we were so curious during science experiments of any possible outcomes. And I was doing just that this round. Curiosity really makes our lives more interesting.
 
Now that my nieces are at home, I couldn't wait for them to be in primary school and share with me their interesting finding at school. Just imagine their excited face then! Heavenly a blessing...

No comments: