21 December 2014

X-mas treat for my car

After such a long procrastination,
I had decided to send my car in for repair.
 
Thinking that it will cost me around RM600++ for repair.
That's what they told Julie for initial diagnosis few weeks back.
For front shock absorbers and mounting.
 
Imagine my shock when the bill comes to almost RM1500.
There is service charge for certain items as well.
Because this chain has 13 branches, hence subjected to service charge.
Next time I am gonna check for no service charge car service centre.
 
 
Julie sent me to work before leaving my car in the workshop.
When the foreman called, he informed me of the items:
 
front and back shock absorbers
wheel bearing
brake pump
brake fluid
wheel balancing and alignment
 
Total will be roughly RM1100.
Not inclusive of labour charge yet.
I was at work that time.
Totally out of focus at work. 

Just when I thought all is done,
the foreman called again and informed that I need to change one more:
 
labour to pump front and rear chamber for all 4 wheels
 
Additional RM300.
Hence, total bill of RM1470.40.
2008 Saga BLM.
I bought it second-hand in 2010.
 
It will be 7 years old in Mar 2015.
Please treat me well, my dear car :)
 
 

No comments: