21 June 2016

Power of kinship

I was amazed by how much they love grandma. How caring they are towards grandma. I don't think that can be faked. Shows me the value of kinship and family bonding. How having big family and many grandchildren comes in handy. Despite that, there are also stories underlying behind it.

每间家都有本难念的经... although I have understood this way back, this phrase hammers in more at this time. No matter how good things might look from outside, there are many conflicts and discussions going on at the back, especially to make things happen.

I believe in karma. I know how hurtful it can be when you help someone with all your heart and the outcome was totally unexpected hence I never expect people to forgive and forget. It is their choice if they choose not to. Timing is not right yet, maybe.

I was happy and hurtful at the same time today. I approached him at the wrong time. I can understand his stress due to family and work matters hence it is understandable if he behaved that way. Still I felt very sad and hurtful. Firstly, I am not used to being treated that way by him and chose not to as well. Secondly, I am human.

I learnt that that's how the kids and mom feel whenever I unintentionally told them not to bother me. Strong reminder not to do that. Kinship is important, it can bring joy when handled properly and vice versa when not. Air dicincang takkan putus...meaning... no matter how bad situations can be, kinship is still kinship.

Although my family is not that closely knit, I believe nothing can test the power of our kinship. We have gratitude. We have our own opinions and live our lives very differently, yet we know that we will support each other whenever possible if needed. That's the value of kinship. Those with good kinship are always successful in life.

I have also learnt that communication is very imperative. Listening skill and discussion comes hand in hand. Trying to find solution by own self without sharing the thoughts with others brings much confusion to others. It does not only fall into the responsibility of the conveyor. The receiver should also take the initiative to clarify the matter with conveyor if things are not clear, to avoid confusion.

I have learnt new stuff today. People may think what they want, but we also owe to ourselves to listen to other's opinion before making final decision. Fingers crossed, I won't forget this.

No comments: