21 June 2011

#102 - Learn To Be Selfish, Cruel and Say No

15.05.2011

I have to learn to be more cruel, selfish and say no when I have to. Otherwise, I am wasting everyone’s time and at the same time dragging things further. Can’t be too greedy by wanting everything to end perfectly well. Got to learn that when there is no pain, there is no gain. I need to let go of something in order to gain something. I guess that will be it.

I dedicate this title to a few of my friends as well. Don’t bother too much about what others would think about ourselves, rather think this way: If I didn’t do it, will I be able to be my usual self without much trouble? Will I be relieved of the mind-boggling decision-making? If the answer is yes, then good lah! If the answer is a NO, then by all means, go ahead and do it!

Be it working in S’pore or breaking up or some other more sensitive issues, just do it! If by doing that we can have better sleep and can feel better, why not? It’s time to think for ourselves rather than for others. We have the right to be selfish, cruel and say NO for a change. No more having troubled and sleepless nights and pondering over some uncertainties which we have no way of knowing (since we dare not say it out).

Discovered a park in Taman Bukit Dumbar. I would like to have a slow evening stroll in this park with my loved ones. Will be better if I don’t have to talk and just need to listen. Today I was like that when hiking Tokun with WY and WE. They were shocked as to why I am quieter than usual. Don’t worry, I would just like to listen more than talk for a change. Sports is always my favorite avenue to channel my joy, sorrow or anger. It never fails me!

Today I sent my nephew to his kindie and picked him up from there after my hiking. I pitied him because he seemed to be neglected. I guess as his aunt, I should help out too. Will keep a mental note for that. I guess I must learn to offer help and say YES too! How about that? Learning to be selfish and say NO yet learning to offer help and say YES at the same time. Hah!

No comments: