21 June 2011

#98 - End of April Activities

24.04.2011

Overall, it was a good week spent. Tired but worth it I guess. Met WL, chatted with him during dinner. Haven’t seen my Guardian Angel from 30 Hours Famine for quite some time now. He is a knowledgable guy and is always willing to share it out. Speaking about WL, I miss BH too since I knew her from the 30 Hours Famine Camp as well. I don’t think I will join the camp this year. Too many things going on recently. No more luxury time as much as last year.

Meeting JS next week before he went off for Aus early May. Always go for vacation, so jealous! But at least he promised to post me a postcard from there. I nearly forgot that I like to receive postcards from foreign countries. I made MF promised to send me one from Cambodia as well. I am such a nuisance when it comes to asking for souvenir, giving ppl so much trouble! I had a postcard from PZ when she went to Taiwan last year. I kept all those postcards. I appreciate these kind of small gestures.

Met WY and had a short good chat with her. It was scary knowing how ‘good’ friends can be ‘enemy’ in a split second. Something for me to consider when dealing with people next time. Managed to go for tokun hike ytdy with Terence and Chua. I couldn’t believe that I pancit halfway. I thought I couldn’t make it. I never thought that I will be so lame. I mean I hiked the same route for at least 4 times before this and I was faring well. Perhaps I didn’t hike for too long and I didn’t take breakfast before the hike (dinners had been very simple meal lately, perhaps the energy reserve wasn’t sufficient).

Now I know how blissful it was to be descending the hill when u felt helpless during the ascent. I recovered well after that. Glad that I can hike this week, I need exercise to release my negative charges. Terence is also another friend who can talk a lot and share with u his knowledge. Law and Terence are both same species. I am glad I knew them through WY, all 3 of them are very sincere and helpful and we can definitely pull each other’s legs without being afraid of hurting anyone.

Met PS, SK and double YL for YL’s b’day celebration today. Went to Esplanade for the sea breeze but…. no sea breeze pun. So dissatisfied. Went to Daorae for Korean food. I am never a fan of Korean food esp the kimchi and the red marinated sauce (I don’t know what it’s called). Can’t blame me since everyone have their own preference right? But ambience was nice and food was actually alright. But if compare Seoul Garden with Daorae I prefer the former. Perhaps when I went to Seoul Garden that’s the first time I tried Korean food and felt excited about it.

Daorae is my 2nd attempt at Korean food and perhaps since I had already known that I will not like kimchi and knowing that Korean food is not my favorite, it might affect my judgment on Daorae as my friends told me it was nice. Anyhow, my vote goes to Seoul Garden. JS suggested KNK near Island Plaza. We promised to try that out during YL b’day next year. Korean food for her b’day each year, haha! Also tried the snow ice in 100 Yen, not bad, smooth and very fine! First time trying as well.

Upcoming plans in May: Balik Pulau trip during Labour Day, Tao for Mother’s Day, Genting trip with Turtles, and lastly SPCA Run. Talk about the run, I need to train my jogging already. This time I only joined 5km run. Wouldn’t want to risk any muscle pain since I am not sure if I have the time to train up onot. My schedule seemed crazy nowadays.

Another month full of activities it seems. And oh, meeting JB as well, finally! After several times of FFK-ing her. I can’t wait for 2011 to end.  I want to know what it feels like to be in 2012, the predicted year for the Apocalypse.

No comments: