21 June 2011

#99 - Happy Birthday To My Dear Sister

30.04.2011

Today is her big day, but I am not going home to celebrate with her. Why? Cos I am going to stay over at SH’s place in Balik Pulau. When I agreed to the plan, I didn’t realize that it was on 30.04.2011 which is today. My sis just came home a few days ago after a few months of out-station travelling selling ointments in night markets over the peninsular with her hubby, daughter and dad-in-law. Just few days ago, she was in Mak Mandin area and called me since she will be putting up a stall near there. She actually cooked and brought me the food.

But since I had already promised AC and YL to meet up at Winter Warmers in Sunway Carnival for AC’s farewell, I told my sis that I will collect it from her around 10pm. What an ungrateful chap I was! Exchanged short words with sis, her hubby and played very short while with my niece, collected the home-cooked food and salvaged them in my rented room.

I felt touched and deeply appreciated her cooking. The portion was definitely too much for a person but being the dinosaur me (with exceptionally big appetite at times) I managed to finish them up. Imagine, it was already 11pm ++. Haven’t been to bed with such a heavy stomach for quite some time. The shameful thing is, even my sis knows how to cook. I don’t =.=’ I do feel touched, being able to eat home-cooked food while renting room outside. Family is always the best!

Thank you so much sis, you are being a much better sis than I am. U took care of the family in a much better way than I am. I know u won’t read this post but somehow I must convey my gratitude and my pleasure in having such a wonderful sis like u, somewhere. I don’t think I will be able to tell u that in person, so I vent it out here.

Sorry for not being a very supportive sis throughout ur whole life. I know u have ur fair share of grief and sorrows but u are just too good in concealing them with ur stupid antics and cheerful demeanours. I am happy and glad to have u as part of my life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

No comments: