29 June 2011

Mixed feelings again

Quite overwhelmed currently. Gonna be off to Bangkok this Sunday yet there is still lots of things to settle here. Lucky my colleagues are not bad and can help to follow up. Hopefully nothing serious gonna happen during the 3 weeks I am not there. I hate it when I feel helpless, just like what I am feeling currently.

Overall baking lab progress is good, though there seemed to be some hiccup in the beginning. Nevertheless, I think I need to improve my EQ and the way I communicate with my staff. Bad habits die hard. I am used to be very serious at work and tend to pull up a serious face most of the time. Well, I guess I won't be happy if my boss were like that. I keep on reminding myself but.... the rest is history.

Today we did series of end product testing, namely roti canai, bread, steamed bun and noodles. Everyone was excited especially during the roti canai dough throwing session. Not an easy task and I do salute the mamak stall guys who make roti canai throwing looks like a super-duper easy task. Bravo to them!

The best part was when we fried the roti canai and almost 30% of the staff get to taste it. Everyone was excited and happy with the 'first production' of the baking lab. Even the boss was feeling a bit excited and awkward at the same time. I had been a bit rough with the boss recently, now is the time to patch up I guess....

Yesterday gathered with Turtle group (told ya I am very fascinated with turtle, my Turtle group is the living proof) and overall it feels nice (though tired) to be able to meet up again since we are in the northern and central region. Met Ah Hong, ZN's soon-to-be hubby. Niu announced to us that she is getting registered in Sept in HK. Congratulation ZN!

None of us planned to fly over to HK for her ROM but we did promised to attend her wedding in HK 2 years later. Sure la, such a big day for her! We also planned a farewell gathering for ZN in Aug before she depart to HK for good. So happy for her. She knows what she wants and oh, she is going to further her study for Master in Education. Really glad for her.

All the best to u, ZN! Turtle group will love u forever.

No comments: