23 August 2011

Exasperation

Sometimes it's so tiring thinking that you are the only one playing the bad guy role in the meeting each time. It's actually quite exasperating when almost each time there was a meeting, most of the time I will be doing the talking, playing the opposition party against my boss. What the heck?

Why am I so pissed off anyway? It's not like this is the first time isn't it? Perhaps it's because I care? Why would I even bother to bring matters up the table when others don't bother a dime? Sometimes it's true that it's wiser to remain silent but I can't. I am always a straight-forward person and don't know how to twist my words or find the right time to voice things out.

The moment I thought of something, I will blurt it out. Of course it's not wise at all to do that but that's me. So what if people think I am troublesome. So demotivating at times to face these bunch of people. In my meeting there are several type of persons in it:

  • Silent players - Seldom say a word, even when being asked. Don't know what for are they being included in the meeting.
  • Talk behind back players - Same opinion but never voice it in front of others, always come and tell me at the back.
  • Don't care much players - Being there for the sake of being there.
Just an example over here...

A: We must put rat cage if there is sign of rat infestation, especially if rat droppings are sighted.
B: Ok, we shall place a rat cage without a bait.
A: (WTH) Might as well don't put since it defeat the purpose. Rat won't enter without bait!
B: You see, u want them to put the cage, so they put already what, to satisfy the system.
A: I still don't agree with that. But if you guys want to do that, fine la. Can't say anything. (At the same time I was thinking to show the auditor our weak points in the coming audit, without bait lah konon!

I don't know la, since we haven't had meeting for quite some time, things seemed to be lagging behind with some slacking also. Sigh! I shouldn't be frustrated really since I was already being made known of this culture since a long time ago. Perhaps I was just hoping for a miracle which will never materialize... Dream on lah!

p/s: I purposely change my blog's layout, just for the sake of doing things on impulse.... Cos my mind is telling me to change it, out of no reason. Perhaps there is a reason behind it! Maybe this exasperation thingy is taking things a little bit too serious to my liking?

No comments: