8 September 2011

Grudges and Hates

Today something happened at work which really upset me. I hate the sarcasm implied. It happened before and it happened again. Never before have I thought that it would be coming this way. Perhaps I didn't bring out that topic the nice way but that shouldn't be the way to handle it. He really lost my respect. I felt like strangling him at that particular moment. Even thought of flattening him like my chappati dough, right before cooking it on the hotplate.

Bloody hell!

Somehow I came across these two quotes:
"Never harbour grudges; they sour your stomach and do no harm to anyone else" (Robertson Daries)

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that" (Martin Luther King)

Ok, Ok, no grudges and hates, but I do need some time to cool down and think where have I gone wrong, if there is! Which after pondering, I still couldn't figure out where have I gone wrong. Perhaps I didn't reprocess and sugarcoat my words before saying it out? Is that even my fault?

Whatever it is, I knew better than to let this spoil my day but it did anyway! Now I know that I have lousy EQ. Need to find a way to increase my EQ. Will meditation help? I am not really a meditation type of person though!

It is comforting to know that JS actually offered to go for a movie in view that I am not feeling right. So sweet. But I turned down his goodwill as I don't feel like meeting or talking today. Typing, emailing still can. And when I decided to finally go back from work right on time, it seems impossible again. Why?

I had wasted some time to cool off my 'fire' and later on, an issue came about which requires immediate coordination. So here I am, still in the office, but with a much calmer thought now. God bless my good life!

No comments: