8 September 2011

Anxiety

I want to talk about anxiety, as in, not trying to analyze the definition and how to overcome it, etc. but more to quoting few examples faced by either me or the people around me.

My boss really triggered my mood to blog today. Perhaps can consider it as a blessing in disguise? Cos now I have the excuse to force myself to post on the blog. Had been wanting to blog but pushed it aside due to laziness. Now that I had started a post, might as well write another one.

September is really one hell of a month. All things came pouring in without warning, and walah! Planner is almost full. With work especially. HF getting married this weekend, need to go find dress to wear again. Sigh! It's the most problematic stuff cos I don't have a dress and never plan to buy one. And oh, I cut my hair short, which prompted almost everyone to ask: "Why u cut your hair short lah? Adoi!"

Expected those responses but I did it anyway. I always have this tendency to cut my hair drastically short once my hair is long. And I do get the satisfaction. Lighter head but hair still drop a lot. A bit worried that I will get premature balding. Touch wood! See? Anxiety exists in every part of our lives.

Recently kept close contact with JY via email. She seemed to be very anxious and down about almost everything. Perhaps she couldn't find the satisfaction yet, perhaps she is really a free-spirited creature who couldn't stand the suffocation that cities bring about. Nevertheless I do hope that she will venture well in her new life. U have all my support JY!

Realizing that life is short or that we haven't done what we want is purely a blessing, rather than passing our daily life without aim. And to take full advantage of that realization, we should plan to work it out.

MY called me and said she was very disappointed in her own self. Well, I have to admit that the thing which disappointed her would have disappointed her boss too but hey, that proves that we human like to think in a complicated manner when it can be solved very simply. Well, being fresh out from the oven called university, there's lots of stuff which makes a freshie realize that she didn't know so many things after all. It's normal my friend.

I felt like that before and even questioned my sanity, "How come I never thought of that?" This, my friend, is called experience. Experience comes when we don't get what we want. Experience comes from mistake. So, welcome to the real life my friend. I have full confidence that u can pull this through. Not saying this for the sake of consoling u, rather I do believe in urself. So take this good chance to absorb whatever that come ur way. If I can do it, u can too! Believe in the power of believing.

So, if u can see, anxiety surrounds our daily life. U can call this anxiety as "stress", "pressure", "depression" or whatever u may, but remember, we dictate our own life. We can call this anxiety as "positive pressure", "willpower", or even "motivation" if u think positive right? So think positive my friends!

p/s: KK, I had a laugh when I asked for a slap in exchange for the hug. Sorry for that but I just couldn't resist it, haha! :p

Speaking of which, I am wondering how is LP doing now? Haven't been in touch with her for quite some time now. Hope u are doing alright!

No comments: