26 September 2011

My September Life

Let's see... September this year passed real fast. It's really within the blink of an eye. Spent quite some money (mooncakes, car road tax and insurance, wedding dinner etc) and visited and met lots of people. Without me realizing it, September actually qualifies as a social month after all! Since I haven't wrote for some time and it had been an eventful month, I am pretty sure that this will be a very long post....

I attended HF's wedding, glad she found a very caring hubby. She gained some weight and it became a gossip topic somehow, since she was very slim during our upper secondary years. Who don't gain weight after entering the workforce anyway? I bet with my head that at least 9 out of 10 will. I did.

It's farewell for PZ, a friend whom I really cherished as I like her funny character. Her partner of crime with their Kanasai Production always sent me rolling on the floor with their super creative shoots. And the captions especially. No words or salutations to describe that. Bravo! All the best to u, PZ. If Malacca and KL bo ngam u, Penang is always ready to welcome u, haha!

Next up, Starwalk. Met double YL again after haven't been able to see them for so long. There was some 'drama' early in the morning but everything was OK towards the end. And I actually ended up applying for AmBank credit card, sth which I swear I wouldn't do in the past. I did think that to own a SINGLE credit card is more than enough. But the 20% petrol rebate that comes with it was too attractive to resist.

There was a catch though! I was told that it will require 3 weeks to process my application. Until then, I won't know whether I am entitled to own another card. I already had CIMB Mastercard so I applied for AmBank Visa instead. But the 20% rebate thingy...the higher probability to get the 20% rebate is to pump petrol early of the month. Why? Because Ambank only gives out RM200k payout in rebates per month, for the whole NATIONWIDE!!! It's very little you know, but then...better than nothing lah!

Then I had an Indonesian audit. Big boss instructed us not to fail this audit and treat the auditors like VIP. I do think the treatment we gave them was a bit overdone but then, it's worth an investment if we passed the audit. I am not suggesting that we are bribing the auditors, just to mention that we wanna try to make our auditors' stay as pleasant as possible to build the rapport to facilitate the audit.

It was a long week and I was practically exhausted. Morning wake up early, night time...reach room > bathe > short reading or game > sleep. Of course I am not the only one doing the entertaining, everyone chipped in and I am proud to say it's the first time I really felt that we from JBFM Prai really worked as a team. I had many of first times of food experience during this period. U bet I gained weight! Dare not step onto the scale though.

And just thank God that my hiking and badminton kaki are back into action. Previously some of them were either lazy or 'balik kampong' so I didn't really have much exercise until the recent past week. My sweat was dripping like nobody's business and even though I felt sticky, I felt satisfied. I can burn off the extra weight I added during this Indonesian audit, haha! But right now, my right elbow joint is painful. Not sure if it's due to badminton or because I played PC game for too long ytdy.

The one thing that I dread most is to suffer from some injury while doing sports. I would rather die than being told that I could no longer go for badminton or hiking or things like that. Touch wood and fingers crossed I won't fall into that situation. JS injured his knee and can't really hike or play much badminton anymore. I hate to think that I might be like that. Pray hard I won't! Sports is my life (though I only play badminton, jog and hike).

There is always this passion people are always talking about. For me, mine is reading and sports. Shopping is not my cup of tea. Came across quite a few interesting motivational emails recently. It really brightened up my days poring through them. I will share it in the next posts. 

And oh, just out of a sudden, I decided to write postcards to my Bangkok UFM training classmates and also to my close friends in Msia, including to my baby angel from famine camp. I know that they were surprised and happy to receive them. See? I like to do this kind of small small stuff. Call me old school or what, I couldn't care less, janji I like it!

Hope JY is doing fine. Hope my Mount KK trip will materialize for Mar 2012 (the booking for Mar 2012 is only open in Oct 2011 - stupid rule!). Hope PY is able to manage her love life. Hope SK will have a bright future (she is a very nice gal, love her). Hope JS will enjoy his US trip. Hope I will enjoy my Oct Bangkok trip. Hope MY will enjoy her HK trip. Hope WY will enjoy her Shanghai trip. Hey MY, if u are reading this, can I request for a postcard from HK? Please....

And oh oh! I think 2011 is really a good year for me. Though I din get to attend a training in Oct, I get to travel to Bali for conference. It's purely for work and I don't think there is any time for us to go for sight-seeing but....at least I stepped my foot onto Bali already! And I have another audit coming up in Oct. I have a good feeling about this and is happy and can't wait to meet this auditor as she shared some pretty good idea with me during her last audit.

p/s: And I decided not to write about my July Bangkok trip anymore since it's already a thing in the past and also because I am lazy to dig back those brochures or pamphlets I took from each interesting place I've been to. To browse through which pictures to be used.....lagilah lazy!

No comments: