1 August 2011

Tropfest Short Film Festival in Esplanade

It's the first day of the month-long fasting for Muslims and I definitely noticed it since my nasi lemak stall didn't open today and there was no more vehicles parking there to buy breakfast. Clearer traffic. Ytdy was vegetarian day for me and thank God I managed to adhere to my obligation without much trouble ytdy. (Previously, I kept on missing my obligation)

Went for Tropfest Short Film Festival in Esplanade ytdy. That's the last event marking the month-long Georgetown Heritage Festival of July. I am glad I went there. There was a total of 10 short films being screened with titles such as Marry Me, Carmichael and Shane, The Unspoken Words, Beyond Words, Flight, Fences, Animal, Focus, etc.

Some are thought-provoking, some are funny, some are inspiring. There were short films which prompt you to marvel at the creativity of the creator. Awesome.

7 min duration for each short film. My favorite is Marry Me and Animal. Fun elements in there. I went with Alen and Sean. Glad both of them can mix well. Later on we were joined by Anne, Jonathan and Anthony. Just a hi to the 3 of them since we were in the middle of the films by the time they joined us.

A pleasant surprise ensued, with fireworks display closing the event. Nice one, neck a bit sore though. Overall, kudos to the organising team, bravo to them!

p/s: Didn't snap any pictures. And again I reiterate my previous saying that to write a post without posting photo is so so much easier...

No comments: